Job Description for daily Housekeeper / Companion (mornings)
Job Reference: DB346
Job Title: Daily Housekeeper / Companion
Salary: £14 to £15 gross per hour
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Required: 2-3 hours each day, Monday-Friday. hours to be fixed between 08:30 and 13:00 hrs as mutually agreed between candidate and employer
Driver: a driver is required
This is a lovely role working with an elderly lady who lives in a small Victorian Cottage in Cobham. The lady's eyesight and hearing are a little poor, but she has lived independently for over 20 year since death of her husband. No personal care needed just light housekeeping duties: cleaning, errands, laundry.
You will be required to carry out normal cleaning in house including hoovering, ironing, dusting, kitchen, ground floor WC and first floor shower room, emptying rubbish/recycling bins etc
Key additional tasks:
- Change bed sheets each week. Wash, dry and fold sheets and remake bed.
- Do laundry in laundry basket kept in dressing room.
- Check fridge in kitchen, throw out any food past sell by date, clean at regular intervals.
- Prepare very simple lunch or supper occasionally
- Housekeeper to drive employer within a few miles' radius 1-2 times/week eg hair appointment, bridge club, supermarket.
- Light tasks in garden (topping up bird feeders, watering pots). Employer has long standing weekly gardener to do heavier tasks - mowing, hedge trimming etc)
This role will suit you if you are honest, straight-forward, kind, reliable. It would be great if you lived relatively locally and you will need to speak English well as she is hard of hearing.
HomeOrganisers Ltd acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent position. Along with your CV, you must also have an up to date DBS or be willing to obtain, along with a minimum of 2 last / current employer professional referees that are immediately contactable.
Apply for this job Please quote job reference number DB345