Job Description for a Housekeeper PA based in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
Job Reference: MD643
Job Title: Housekeeper PA
Location: Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
Pets: 2 dogs (Tibetan Terriers)
Salary: £20 to £22 gross per hour
Holiday: Statutory Paid Holiday
Start Date: January 2024
Hours Required: Monday to Thursday 4 hours per day. Anytime from 10am ideally
Driver: Yes, and must have own car
Our client is looking for an experienced Housekeeper PA to start in January. The ideal candidate will assist and support the owner in running the household with partial support and working with the business. Must have previous experience of booking travel including flights
Duties to include:
- Personal administration and at times, business administration or communicating with business colleagues.
- House maintenance: with the owner, prepare and plan a list of yearly and seasonal jobs for the upkeep of the house such as chimney sweep, boiler service, patio clean etc.
- House upkeep including cleaning, ironing.
- Car upkeep including servicing, MOT, cleaning.
- Complete general jobs in and around the house for example taking in deliveries, installing items, unpacking and general handyperson tasks.
- With tasks outside the competence of the job holder, gather at least 2 quotes, present and recommend options to the owner. Be present at time of task to ensure each job is carried out correctly. Report back the outcome of the job and any necessary follow up or further maintenance.
- Managing and seeking regular contractors such as Gardener.
- Garden maintenance outside of gardener's remit eg. leaf blowing, general upkeep, set up and dismantle of winter/summer, plant/flower collection, gutter clean and roof maintenance.
- Property surveillance and management whilst away including post, bin collection on the specified days. It is expected the bins are to be placed back on the day of collection.
- Assist with wardrobe planning.
- Shopping for various goods including clothes, household items, gifts and food.
- Assistance at home with ad hoc events and entertainment such as event prep, table set up, derig, beverages or food collection & delivery.
- Driving from/to events or the airport for owner or staff/guests of the business at times.
- Communicating with dog day care and possible drop off/collection. The odd overnight (2-4 times per year) may be required.
HomeOrganisers Ltd acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent position. Along with your CV, you must also have an up to date DBS or be willing to obtain, along with a minimum of 2 last / current employer professional referees that are immediately contactable.
Apply for this job Please quote job reference number MD643