Job Description for a Live in Child friendly Housekeeper in Haslemere, Surrey
Job Reference: MD350
Job Title: Housekeeper
Location: Haslemere, Surrey
Number of Children: 5 children (nannies employed)
Pets: 1 Labrador and chickens
Salary: £33,000 to £35,000 gross per annum
Holiday: Statutory holiday
Start Date: Mid to end of June
Hours Required: 40 hours per week to include Saturday and Sunday 9am to 7pm.
Driver: Yes, and must have own car
Accommodation: Separate Annex with bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom
This is a lovely role working in a large Country house with 8 bedrooms, set in 10 acres. The family is young, vibrant and run an informal, child centred home. The house is a weekend home and there are other staff. You will need to be very honest and trustworthy and happy to work in the house when the family are not there.
Duties will include
- Preparing the house for the family's arrival
- Cleaning to a high standard
- Laundry and ironing
- Running errands such as grocery shopping
- Placing online orders, dealing with trades people for logs, coal, pool maintenance etc.
- Be responsible for the work credit card and need to keep receipts and a log of all purchases.
- Childcare when the family are in residence, such as watching the children occasionally or baking with them
- Collecting family/other staff members from train stations etc. So confident driver required
- Watering plants and looking after the vegetable / fruit garden. Feeding the chickens and collecting the eggs
- Covering the London Housekeeper when needed. This would be once a month/once every 6 weeks and the housekeeper could drive to London and live with the family
HomeOrganisers Ltd acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent position. Along with your CV, you must also have an up to date DBS or be willing to obtain, along with a minimum of 2 last / current employer professional referees that are immediately contactable.
Apply for this job Please quote job reference number MD350