Job Description for Live in OR Daily Nanny in Petersfield, West Sussex
Job Reference: DB830
Job Title: Live in OR daily Nanny
Location: South Harting, Petersfield, West Sussex (GU31)
Number of Children: B5, B3 and newborn due in June
Pets: No pets
Salary: £18+ gross per hour for daily. Negotiable rate for live in. Dependent on experience
Holiday: Paid Statutory holiday
Start Date: April, no later than 1st week May,
Hours Required: 4/5 days/week. Key hours: 7.15/7.30AM-10:30AM and 3.00PM-7.30PM,
More hours available for a nanny willing to take on additional housekeeping duties,
Driver: Driver essential and use of car can be provided. Parking available
Live in accommodation: Accommodation is a large double bedroom, bathroom (including shower) to be shared with children. Kitchen shared with family,
This is a lovely Nanny role, caring for 3 children aged 5, 3 and a newborn, on a live out or a daily basis.
The role is a mix of sole and shared care with mum and Newborn experience is essential.
We are looking for an empathetic and emotionally aware nanny. Someone who is able to understand reasons for what is driving behaviour. Setting and holding limits in a calm and gentle manner, not using consequences or punishments to coerce or discipline. Someone who lets the child lead the play and learning as far as is possible, not rushing children from activity to activity. Happy outdoors on walks and pottering in the garden. The family follow Aware Parenting and Hand in Hand.
Duties will include:
- All childcare duties,
- Several school run and nursery drop offs a week,
- Prepare from scratch basic, healthy meals, bolognaise, veggie curries, grilled meat and fish. Easy recipes can be provided, including nursery packed lunches, ensuring kitchen tidy after meals (the boys are cow lactose intolerant, fine with goat and sheep milk, cheese, yoghurt, which they consume regularly),
- All children's laundry, tidying and cleaning children's bedrooms, and playroom,
- Keeping track of kit needed for school/nursery and each evening ensuring everything ready (including forest school kit clean and dry for the next morning),
- Help with bath times and bed routines,
- Occasional supermarket shopping for children's food,
The family spend 1-2 weeks in the summer at their family home on the Essex coast, possibility of joining them but not a requirement.
The oldest attends full time school (15 minutes by car), the 2nd child attends forest school nursery in the village 2 days/week.
Mum is at home and due to have her 3rd child in June. Dad very occasionally works from home.
Mum's parents' dogs do come to the house with them regularly, no pet duties.
HomeOrganisers Ltd acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent position. Along with your CV, you must also have an up to date DBS and Paediatric First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain, along with a minimum of 2 last / current employer professional referees that are immediately contactable.
Apply for this job Please quote job reference number DB830.