Job Description for Nanny Housekeeper (light Housekeeping duties)
Job Reference: DB313
Job Title: Nanny Housekeeper
Location: Thames Ditton, Surrey
Number of Children: G8, B1
Pets: English Springer Spaniel
Salary: £30,000 -£35,000 gross per annum (Family responsible for Tax, National Insurance and Pension liabilities) (£ net per week)
Holiday: 28 days holiday per year (5.6 weeks) to include bank holidays
Start Date: September 2018
Hours Required: Monday to Thursday. Generally, 7 to 7pm. There are some earlier finishes and a later start of 8am during the school holidays
Driver: Yes, a driver is required, and a car is provided for use on duty.
This is a lovely family of 4, living in a 5 bed/ 3 bath home which is casual, but clean and tidy. This is a childcare focussed role and a cleaner is employed 3 times per week. Both parents work and have demanding jobs, so this role will suit you if you are prepared to be completely flexible and work together to make complex schedules work.
Duties will include
- School drop off and pick up
- Homework and reading with children and other educational support as required
- All school liaison, ensuring diaries are planned for school events
- Organising children's' schedules including play dates, birthday parties, swimming lessons etc.
- Buying uniform items as and when required
- Some laundry and ironing
- Cooking for children
- Running the household: grocery shopping, organising household tasks such as gardening, window cleaning etc
- Running errands
- Liaising with other staff - cleaner, babysitters etc
- Some household tasks: organising playroom (retiring old toys, sorting drawers etc), reorganizing kitchen occasionally
This family is a busy family and they need a nanny/housekeeper who can slot into the family and work with them all! They are pretty easy going to work for and they don't micro-manage. They do need someone who is confident in making decisions and asking for guidance/feedback, rather than expecting constant input.
You will be someone who will take initiative and assume responsibility for the children and the household during the week as the parents work long hours and often travel.
This role will suit you if you are a calm, loving and consistent nanny. The children are used to positive reinforcement, discussion of rules/requirements/problems and firm handling.
HomeOrganisers Ltd acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent Nanny Housekeeper position. Along with your CV, you must also have an up to date DBS and Paediatric First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain, along with a minimum of 2 last / current employer professional referees that are immediately contactable.
Apply for this job Please quote job reference number DB313