Job Description for Head of Toddler unit - Day Nursery - Coulsdon - Surrey
Job Reference: DB363
Job Title: Head of Toddler unit
Location: Coulsdon, Surrey
Number of Children: work as part of a team and oversee 4 other staff and 20 Children
Salary: £23,000 gross per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Required: Monday to Friday - 40 hours a week, 9 hour days including lunch hour
Benefits: pension, bonuses, evenings out, Staff of the month
- To manage the daily running of the unit.
- To ensure a high standard of care and development for the children is in place within the unit.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by Management.
- To give support and guidance to other staff within the unit.
- To implement the daily routine throughout the unit.
- To ensure the EYFS is implemented through the planning by using observations, Focus Activity
sheets, Individual Learning Plans plus next steps, to develop children's learning.
- To be a positive role model.
- To organise the running of the room e.g. maintaining equipment, children's belongings etc
- To evaluate planning.
- To carry out appraisals, personal development plans and supervisions.
- Head of unit has overall responsibility.
- Assist Management in providing effective day to day management of the unit.
- Assist Management in setting and implementing policy and procedures within the unit.
- To be responsible for the supervision of Nursery nurses/ assistants/ students and to help
identify their learning needs.
- To formulate, operate and evaluate activities within the setting in accordance with the Early
Years Foundation Stage.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the unit, facilitating good practice by
staff team with regards to individual and group work.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Hold unit Meetings regularly with team members and attend staff meetings.
- To delegate and instruct team members with regards to the washing and sterilizing of equipment
(e.g.: bedding, bibs, toys and equipment).
This role will suit you if you are Cache level 3 qualified, caring, professional and a punctual. You will fit ion well if you have a good sense of humour and are passionate, efficient and confident
HomeOrganisers Ltd acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent position. Along with your CV, you must also have an up to date DBS and Paediatric First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain, along with a minimum of 2 last / current employer professional referees that are immediately contactable.
Apply for this job Please quote job reference number DB363