How do I register as a candidate?
We are looking for nannies, child-carers and domestic workers who are dedicated to their profession. We are looking for those who have a great track record, and a happy disposition.
Your CV is the first impression of you. The CV should be comprehensive and include A FULL work history.
Be sure to include:-
- Job title
- Description of duties
- Ages of children cared for
- Dates of employment
- Reason for leaving
- Please explain any "gaps"
- Qualifications (Exams taken, the name of school/ college, dates and the grade obtained)
- Any other training qualifications E.g. First Aid
We will then get in touch with you to conduct a phone interview and if successful, invite you to a 2nd detailed meeting.
Please prepare for the 2nd meeting by organising the following original documents
- Up to date and comprehensive CV
- Drivers licence
- Work visa (if applicable)
- Qualifications/certificates to prove your education history, for example, Childcare qualifications, First Aid certificates, etc.
- References – please ensure the contact details are up to date to avoid delays in checking your references. Without check-able references, we are unable to assist you.
- Proof of address (utility bill, council tax bill, bank statement etc.)
- A valid DBS certificate (we can, of course, apply for an updated DBS for you at the current DBS price)
- A valid first aid certificate (if applicable, it is sometimes possible to renew/undertake a First Aid qualification on offer of engagement)
- Public liability Insurance (www.nannyinsure.co.uk)
- A suitable photo to pass to the families
We do not register everyone who attends the 2nd meeting and you are not fully registered with HomeOrganisers until we have completed all of our checks.
When you have successfully registered with us, we will keep in contact with you and present new opportunities that you may be interested in.
We will supply you with detailed job specification and only send you for family interviews when we feel that appear to be a ‘Perfect fit. We never send your CV out speculatively.
What happens after the interview with the family?
We ask that you contact us, as quickly as possible after each interview with a family so that we can obtain feedback and your views on the position. This helps us to get to know you further and helps us to find your perfect role.
If both parties are willing, we recommend that another family interview is arranged. This is your chance to ask all of your questions and to see if the family is right for you. This, 2nd interview should involve meeting the children/viewing the home and should give you an opportunity for the client to see you in action (short trial sessions are very common).
Sometimes the family will offer a position verbally on the spot! Please wait until you receive the "Offer of Engagement" and accept the offer, in writing, to HomeOrganisers. . At this stage, we are on hand to help with contract negotiations and to give guidance.
The contract of employment will follow shortly and has to be in place on the first day that the employment commences.
HomeOrganisers will continue to support you through your placement and we are here to offer help and guidance if needed, at any time.
We look forward to working with you.